Subang Jaya inferno: Seven evacuated as fire spreads to nearby homes


PETALING JAYA: Seven people, including two senior citizens, have been evacuated after the fire from a ruptured gas pipeline in Putra Heights, Puchong spread to nearby houses.

The Fire and Rescue Department said, however, the extent of the spread and the total number of victims is still being determined.

"The operation involves the leakage of a 500m gas pipeline near a housing area where we received a call of a fire at Jalan Putra Harmoni, Putra Heights, Subang Jaya," it said in a statement on Tuesday (April 1).

ALSO READ: Massive inferno spotted near Subang 

Teams from Subang Jaya, Puchong, Shah Alam, Bukit Jelutong, Cyberjaya, Rawang, Klang Selatan, Klang Utara, Damansara, KLIA and Serdang were involved in the operation, it added.

"Evacuations are being carried out with the assistance of other agencies.

"PETRONAS has closed the (valve of the) pipeline which is on fire," it said.

It was reported that area residents were shaken by an explosion at about 8.10am, followed by a huge fire.

PETRONAS Gas Berhad later said the affected pipeline had been isolated.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read