Singer Aliff Aziz, actress Ruhainies admit to khalwat offence


PETALING JAYA: Singer Aliff Aziz and actress Ruhainies have changed their plea and admitted guilt to the charge of khalwat at the Syariah High Court of the Federal Territory here on February 21.

The Syariah Prosecution Department of the Federal Territory confirmed this in a statement on Thursday (Feb 27), stating that both celebrities had paid a fine of RM3,000 last Friday.

"At the previous mention date on October 17, 2024, the court had set the dates of February 20 and February 27 for the continuation of the trial after both of them pleaded not guilty.

"However, the defendants' syariah lawyer, in a letter dated February 18, informed that both clients intended to change their plea and requested the court to amend the date to February 21.

"After the charge was read again, both changed their plea to guilty. Based on their guilty plea, the Syariah High Court judge found them guilty and imposed a fine of RM3,000 or three months in jail if the fine is not paid," the statement said which was reported by Sinar Harian.

Earlier, Aliff, whose full name is Mohammad Aliff Aziz, 33, and Ruhainies, whose full name is Nur Ruhainies Farehah Zainul Ilyas, 31, pleaded not guilty during the hearing on July 3, 2024 after being charged under Sections 27 (a) and 27 (b) of the Syariah Criminal Offenses (Federal Territories) Act 1997 [Act 559] for khalwat offenses.

Media reports previously said that the married artist and his partner, a female actress, were caught in close proximity after allegedly cohabiting in a luxury condominium.

Sources reported that the arrest was made by the Federal Territory Islamic Religious Department based on public information. 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Ruhainies , Aliff Aziz , Khalwat , Guilty Plea

Next In Nation

Bukit Aman to investigate those linked to discovery of prohibited items at Ipoh HQ lock-up
Police step up traffic management as Aidiladha exodus builds up in Gua Musang
MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in nine states until 7pm (May 24)
Raya exodus commences; traffic building up on several major expressways
Anwar scheduled to open two-day Sabah Kaamatan festival
WCE Section 3 targets year-end completion, to open in 2027
Govt expands AI development to rural areas to improve tech literacy
Removing numbers from counters has curtailed illegal entry syndicates, says Johor Immigration
46,542 commuting accidents recorded in 2025, says PERKESO
Man nabbed after failed snatch theft attempt in hospital parking lot

Others Also Read