Pinkfish concert: One victim remains hospitalised, says Selangor top cop


SHAH ALAM: One individual who survived after allegedly taking ecstasy at the Pinkfish countdown concert on New Year's Eve remains in hospital, say police.

Selangor police chief Datuk Hussein Omar Khan said the victim remains in hospital in stable condition but requires close monitoring.

He said police have confirmed that stimulant drug intoxication caused the deaths of three out of four individuals who attended a New Year's Eve concert in Bandar Sunway.

Hussein said this was b ased on pathology reports received for the three victims, while the report for the remaining victim is still pending.

"So far, statements have been recorded from 53 witnesses, and the investigation is ongoing. Once completed, it will be referred to the coroner,” he said in a statement on Wednesday (Feb 19).

Previously, Hussein was reported as saying that a preliminary police investigation found the four victims who died after attending the Dec 31 concert were suspected of consuming ecstasy. - Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Ramanan lauds SJKT Ladang Kinrara's success at international youth STEM event
Man nabbed while trying to steal railway cables between Kempas Baru, Kulai
Tengku Panglima Perang Pahang visits family of late Trooper Indiran
Govt has improved Armed Forces procurement procedures, says Defence Minister
Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged

Others Also Read