Suggestion of Tun Richard Malanjum as TYT a personal choice, not party stand, says Warisan


KOTA KINABALU: Sabah opposition Parti Warisan has not made a stand on who should be the next Yang di-Pertua Negeri, says its secretary-general Datuk Loretto Padua.

"Warisan has never discussed the issue of the governor and leaves the matter to the wisdom of the King to appoint who is best for the people of Sabah," he said in a statement on Thursday (Dec 5).

As such, Padua said the suggestion by party vice president Terrence Siambun suggesting former chief justice of Malaysia Tun Richard Malanjum as a possible choice was not a party stand.

"It was just his personal view and is not the party's position. We respect his view but what is important now is for us to focus on the problems faced by the people of Sabah," Padua said.

ALSO READ: Warisan veep proposes former CJ Richard Malanjum as Sabah's next TYT

Governor Tun Juhar Mahiruddin's term ends on Dec 31 and various names have been suggested as his replacement including former politicians, retired civil servants and respected members of the community.

Last week, Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor said the list of nominees would be submitted to the Yang di-Pertuan Agong this month.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan urges state govt to continue prioritising people's well-being
Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages

Others Also Read