More than 5,000 SPM candidates evacuated, exam to proceed as scheduled


PETALING JAYA: A total of 5, 377 SPM candidates were being evacuated in Kelantan, Kedah, and Terengganu, says Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek.

"Affected candidates are being relocated to alternative centres and hostels to ensure their comfort and to provide a more organised environment for their studies," she said during a special press conference on Sunday (Dec 1).

"Relocation efforts are currently being carried out at all levels of the State Education Department," she added.

Meanwhile, the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) Bahasa Melayu Oral Test will proceed as scheduled from Monday (Dec 2) until Dec 5 following advice from the National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma).

She said so far, Kelantan has recorded the highest number of affected candidates, with 3,111 students, while the remaining 1,734 candidates are in Terengganu and 532 in Kedah.
She also said that SPM candidates are allowed to wear appropriate attire to sit for the examinations.

More to come.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
SPM , Oral Test , Bahasa Melayu , Flood , Fadhlina Sidek

Next In Nation

New Act secures pay for legal aid lawyers
T’ganu youth embrace heritage games
Concerns over cost and time impact on GPs
Johor forms interim Bersama committee
Beadwork artisan joins ranks of heritage icons
‘A concrete move to support the construction sectors’
‘PAS leadership will decide’
Lorry driver’s fake permit fuel run stopped
Sabah mapping out 25-year forest development master plan
Jobs aplenty on hire ground

Others Also Read