Parking spot scuffle: Victim receives 35 stitches


KUALA LUMPUR: A man received 35 stitches on his head and left hand after being slashed during a heated argument in the Block C parking area of the People’s Housing Programme (PPR) in Pekan Kepong on Wednesday (Sept 4).

Sentul district police chief ACP Ahmad Sukarno Mohd Zahari said a woman reported that her nephew had been slashed on the head by the suspect at 7.24pm on Wednesday.

"The 27-year-old suspect, who works at Selayang Wholesale Market, was apprehended with public assistance at the scene at 6.15 pm,” he said in a press conference on Thursday (Sept 5).

During the arrest, authorities seized a knife, a compact car, and a set of keys.

He added that the suspect was remanded for five days, starting Thursday, and the case was being investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing serious injury resulting in permanent disability.

He also said that the 24-year-old victim was in a stable condition at Selayang Hospital.

Earlier, several video clips went viral showing the altercation between the two men while those nearby tried to restrain them. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Police , Arrest , Parking , Altercation , Slash , Victim

Next In Nation

Malaysia looks forward to close cooperation with new Bangladesh leadership, says Anwar
More than a gimmick, 'roti pocong' a hit at Paroi Ramadan bazaar
Melaka assembly may dissolve in April, state poll expected in June
Plight of two families in Banting fire draws Anwar's attention
Shah Alam's first female mayor vows swift, decisive leadership
S'pore PM Lawrence Wong arrives in Malaysia for special visit
Over 400 flee homes as floods hit Kota Marudu, Pitas
Johor MACC committed to working closely with state govt to enhance good governance, strengthen integrity
PAS to discuss Opposition Leader position on Feb 22, says Hadi
Anwar seeks swift passage of Bill limiting PM to two terms

Others Also Read