Family seeks whereabouts of missing senior citizen from Cheras


KUALA LUMPUR: A family is seeking the whereabouts of their family member after he had gone missing for nearly a month.

In a statement on Tuesday (June 25), the MCA Public Services and Complaints Department said that the missing person, 61-year-old Fong Poh Ket from Cheras, had last been seen by family members on March 31.

"The family contacts him at least twice a month. On May 29, his mother tried calling him to invite him for dinner but he did not answer his phone.

"Normally he would return missed calls on the same day but there had been no response," the statement said.

A police report was lodged by his 64-year-old brother on June 7 at the Sri Petaling police station. The brother also went to the Public Services and Complaints Department on June 20.

"Checks at government clinics in Salak South, Sri Petaling, Sungai Besi and at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital were conducted but no trace of the missing person was found," it said.

Those with information on his whereabouts are urged to call the department at 03 2203 3888 or his brother Fong Pow Yen at 011 1778 9361.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

No price gouging during Ramadan, Sabah consumer group urges businesses
Fashion designer Jovian Mandagie fails in appeal against bankruptcy order
Police hunt 36 wanted individuals
Bills to limit PM’s tenure, split AG–PP roles to be tabled Monday
Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur

Others Also Read