Flights to soon resume at Melaka International Airport, says exco


MELAKA: Commercial flight services are expected to resume at the Melaka International Airport (LTAM) in Batu Berendam here this May, the Melaka state assembly was told.

State tourism, heritage, art and culture committee chairman Datuk Abdul Razak Abdul Rahman said a direct flight from China is expected to make its debut while the airport would cater for more regional shuttle air services.

"The state government has taken all the necessary steps to 'resuscitate' LTAM by inviting airline operators to explore opportunities made available for them," he said on Wednesday (March 6).

Abdul Razak said efforts had also been made by stakeholders in the state to maximise the utilisation of the airport in conjunction with Visit Melaka Year 2024.

In September last year, commercial flights in and out of LTAM came to a standstill following the abrupt exit of two service providers, citing lack of passengers and high costs of operations among the reasons.

Flights from LTAM to popular routes like Pekan Baru in Indonesia and Penang were also halted since last year.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ issues 456 notices in CNY motorcycle operation at Sentul Pasar toll
RM3.5mil lost to love scams in January 2026, says cops
Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations

Others Also Read