Over 2,000 duped migrants in Pengerang, says Azalina


PETALING JAYA: There are over 2,000 duped migrants in Pengerang, says Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Law and Institutional Reform) Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said.

Azalina said in a post on X (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday (Dec 26) that she had reached out to Human Resources Minister Steven Sim in her capacity as the Pengerang MP as she had been told that there are about 2,500 migrants in a similar situation in her constituency.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

My Rider campaign timely move to curb commuting mishaps, says Lee
Perak PKR wants PM to defend Tambun seat, says Mohamad Hairul
Teen killed, one injured in two-vehicle crash in Ayer Tawar
New Act secures pay for legal aid lawyers
T’ganu youth embrace heritage games
Johor forms interim Bersama committee
Beadwork artisan joins ranks of heritage icons
‘A concrete move to support the construction sectors’
‘PAS leadership will decide’
Lorry driver’s fake permit fuel run stopped

Others Also Read