ALOR SETAR: Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor says he has given his statement to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) over allegations of corruption and abuse of power regarding rare earth elements (REE) mining in the state.
Without disclosing where the statement was recorded, Muhammad Sanusi said he gave his statement last week and was asked four questions.
"I met with MACC officials and gave my statement (on) four questions. That's all," he told reporters after the Kedah state assembly sitting at Wisma Darul Aman here on Monday (Sept 25).
In July, 10 state executive council members were called to give statements to MACC ov er the same issue.
On July 19, a senior officer of Kedah Menteri Besar Incorporated (MBI) and a woman who is a director of a company were arrested by the MACC to assist the investigation into a corruption case involving more than RM13mil and abuse of power involving the REE mining issue.
Then on July 20, MACC chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki said that MACC had recorded the statements of 12 individuals over to the case. – Bernama