SELAYANG: The full report on the Batang Kali landslide incident is expected to be issued within the next three weeks.
Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said the Works Ministry had given its approval for the report to be released.
"The state government is in the process of reviewing the legal aspects involved as the document is still under the Official Secrets Act 1972.
"The matter will be brought to the next state executive council meeting, expected to take place in the next two to three weeks," he said here on Friday (Sept 22).
Asked if the report would reveal the cause of the landslide, Amirudin said he had yet to go through it in detail.
The incident at a campsite on Dec 16 last year involved 92 people and claimed more than 30 lives.
Amirudin was speaking to the media after launching the recently-completed upgrade of Jalan B23, Jalan Sungai Tua and Persimpangan Kampung Bendahara in Selayang Baru.
The project, costing RM25.5mil, involved widening the roads to two lanes as well as deepening works on the adjacent Sungai Kertas.
Also present were Selayang Municipal Council chief Datuk Mohd Yazid Sairi and Gombak district officer Azlina Abd Aziz.