PETALING JAYA: Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) visited the family of two boys who died due to alleged electrocution while bathing in a basin at the compound of their home in Kampung Teras Jernang, Kajang.
The energy company also said that an investigation is ongoing in cooperation with the Energy Commission to figure out the cause of the incident.
"However, the initial investigation found that there was no incident where the line was disconnected from the TNB pole and hit the roof of the victim's house as claimed by certain parties.
"Therefore, TNB asks for the public's cooperation not to speculate on the cause of the incident until the investigation is fully completed and out of respect for the victim's family," it said in a statement on Saturday (Oct 1).
TNB also added that it has also delivered a donation to the family.
On Friday (Sept 30), the two brothers, aged nine and 10 years old, were found dead by their father who had earlier left the house to a nearby house, said Sepang OCPD Asst Comm Wan Kamarul Azran Wan Yusof.
"The victims were the second and third of four children.
"The victim's father saw his two sons bathing in the basin before he went out to a nearby shop. However, when he came back, he discovered his sons were not breathing," he said when contacted on Saturday (Oct 1).
The victims were the second and third of four children.
ACP Wan Kamarul Azrul said the father realised that his sons were electrocuted and believed the electric current came from a nearby metal clothes hanger.
"TNB confirmed the source of the electricity was friction between a wire at the side of the house and the house's zinc roof, which caused electricity to flow to the clothes hanger.
"Both victims were electrocuted from the clothes hanger which was in the bathing area," he said.