JOHOR BARU: For a man who had to bury his murdered daughter and grandson, Rosman Ahmad appeared stoic in the face of tragedy.
“Let what had happened pass,” said Rosman Ahmad about the shocking deaths of Hajar Nursyahirin Rosman, 26, and her two-month-old son, who were allegedly killed by his son-in-law.
Both mother and son were found in a pool of blood near the front entrance to their home in Permas Jaya here on Monday.
There are, however, plenty of questions playing on Rosman’s mind.
For one, he believes that the murder suspect – his 25-year-old son-in-law – was on his way to see him at his restaurant after the murder.
“Maybe he wanted to apologise for what he had done,” he said.
Rosman, however, was not at the restaurant then as he was already at the scene of the murder by then.
The suspect was seen riding naked on a motorcycle prior to his arrest.
Rosman, 58, who owns a restaurant in Permas, said the suspect had treated his daughter really well before the tragedy.
The man was also respectful of Rosman’s family, he said.
“We met each other frequently. The last time I saw them was around last week to discuss their wedding reception, which was supposed to take place on July 24,” added Rosman.
Hajar Nursyahirin, the third of six siblings, and the 25-year-old man had solemnised their marriage last year.
They had been preparing for the wedding reception, which was scheduled for July 24.
Despite the tragedy, Rosman said he and his family held no grudges against the perpetrator.
“I have forgiven him. Who are we to pass judgement on something we don’t know?” he said at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital mortuary.
Yesterday, Hajar Nursyahirin, who was a pastry chef, was buried together with her son Hans Mohd Thakif Amir in the same grave at Tanah Perkuburan Islam Bakar Batu here.
“Prior to the funeral, I discussed the matter with my in-laws (the suspect’s parents) and they agreed to bury the remains together in the same grave,” said Rosman.
“Alhamdulilah, everything has been completed,” he added.
Meanwhile, Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Raub Selamat said police would be referring the suspect to the Permai Hospital for mental evaluation.
He added that the man tested negative for drugs and did not have a criminal record.
“Police are still investigating the motive behind the two murders and, at the same time, we will send the suspect to Hospital Permai for mental evaluation.
“He is under remand for seven days until July 11 to help with the ongoing investigation,” he said.
The suspect was arrested hours after the murder.
Video clips of him riding around naked have since gone viral on social media.
The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.