Covid-19: Daily cases dip below 4,000 mark with 3,856 reported Sunday (Jan 23)


PETALING JAYA: Malaysia recorded 3,856 new Covid-19 cases on Sunday (Jan 23), says the Health Ministry.

The Health Ministry said, in a statement, that this brings the cumulative number of Covid-19 infections in the country to 2,832,945 since the pandemic began.

It added that of the new cases, 492 were imported cases involving 378 Malaysian citizens and 114 foreigners.

Of the 3,856 cases reported Sunday, only 35 (or 0.9%) were in Categories 3 and 4 and needed hospitalisation. The remaining 99.1%, or 3,821 cases, were in Categories 1 and 2, and were either asymptomatic or displaying mild symptoms.

The statement also said that 13 new Covid-19 clusters had been detected, bringing the total number of active clusters to 235 as of Sunday.

According to the Health Ministry, Malaysia has recorded 6,306 Covid-19 clusters since the pandemic began.

More detailed information on the current Covid-19 situation will be uploaded to the Health Ministry's CovidNow portal at midnight, the statement added.

Article type: free
User access status:
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Covid-19 , Daily Cases , New Infections , Clusters

   

Next In Nation

Malaysian political leadership needs to be more 'maternal', says Zuraida
Enough fresh chicken to meet Kaamatan demand in Sabah
PKR polls: Rafizi edges ahead of Saifuddin in Melaka
Girl reported missing at raft house found drowned
Cannabis farm in Janda Baik: Cops seek to extend remand of ex-envoy's son
Five arrested, ecstasy pills worth RM26mil seized in KL condo raids
Saifuddin begins 8-day official visit to Sweden, Denmark, Norway
Covid-19: Over 1.16mil children in Malaysia fully vaccinated
Silat symbolic to community unity, says PM
PM wishes happy Journalists Day to media practitioners

Others Also Read