KUALA LUMPUR: Work to bring controversial cosmetics entrepreneur Nur Sajat (pic) back to Malaysia will continue, says Bukit Aman.
CID director Comm Datuk Seri Abd Jalil Hassan told a press conference here on Wednesday (Nov 3) that he urged Nur Sajat to return home willingly.
“Formally we still have not received confirmation that Nur Sajat is in Australia, however we can see (that) based on recent social media postings. Officially, we have not received the confirmation from our embassies.
“We will try (to extradite), according to the laws (of) Australia,” he said.
On Nur Sajat's allegations of molestation by enforcement officers when she was arrested earlier this year, Comm Abd Jalil said police are still probing.
“We will investigate the matter from all angles,” he said, adding that he urged Nur Sajat to return home and shed more light on the allegations.
According to Nur Sajat, she chose to relocate to Australia as the country has accepted her.
She also denied that she was running away from the authorities in Malaysia.
Nur Sajat, 36, was said to be on the run for the last few months after a blasphemy charge was levelled at her in Malaysia for dressing as a woman.
Nur Sajat was reportedly detained and fined by Thai authorities on Sept 8 for having an invalid passport.
She was then believed to be seeking refuge through the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).