IPOH: The man who perished during a fire at his house in Kampung Padang Tembak in Kampar was paralysed and bedridden.
Kampar OCPD Supt Hasron Nazri Hashim said the body of the 51-year-old victim was found on a bed near the front door of the house after the fire was put out by firemen at about 12.25am on Friday (July 23).
“The man was paralysed and bedridden due to a stroke. He was unable to be saved while his wife managed to escape,” he said in a statement.
“The victim’s body was sent to the Kampar Hospital mortuary at about 2.30am.
“The postmortem was conducted at about 10.30am and the cause of death was severe burns,” he added.
In a statement issued earlier on Friday, a Perak Fire and Rescue Department spokesman had identified the man as Ahmad Busir Ghazali who had been found burned beyond recognition during the incident that occurred at about 11.50am.
The victim's wife, identified as Ngah Dimah Tamin, in her 60s, had difficulty breathing and was sent to the hospital for treatment.
The fire had also damaged two other houses on either side.
Supt Hasron Nazri said the fire is believed to have started from the victim’s house.
He said there were no other reported injuries as the neighbours managed to escape.