Those found guilty of wrongdoing during immunisation drive to be terminated


PETALING JAYA: The Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF) is working with the authorities to investigate alleged wrongdoing during the immunisation programme.

It said it would not hesitate to end the services of vaccination personnel for misconduct.

“CITF views seriously the allegations concerning the Covid-19 jab administration at the vaccination centres that have gone viral.

“As such, CITF is now working with the authorities, such as the Royal Malaysia Police and the Malaysian Armed Forces, which are conducting investigations into the matter so such incidents will not occur again,” it said in a statement yesterday.

CITF said there were allegations surrounding a drive-through vaccination centre that was specially reserved for Malaysian Armed Forces personnel and their family members.

It was alleged that the incident took place on July 17 at a drive-through vaccination centre in Kem Lapangan Terbang Sungai Petani, Kedah.

Recently, there were viral claims that an empty syringe was used at the Casualty Receiving Station based at the camp there.

“An investigation is being conducted by the Malaysian Armed Forces.

“The individuals involved have been asked to come forward to give an explanation.

“Disciplinary action has been taken on the vaccination personnel,” CITF said.

The task force is also investigating two reports of empty syringe being used during vaccination.

One case allegedly took place at the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (Mitec) on July 17, which was reported by a member of the public.

The other case allegedly took place at the Bangi Avenue Convention Centre on July 18, and a report was made by the healthcare officer there.

“The police are currently conducting investigation into the matter.

“Any development about the issue will be announced by the authorities.

“CITF will not hesitate to end the service of the personnel involved and will take stern action based on the provisions of the law.

“As per the standard operating procedure, every vaccination volunteer must show a full syringe to vaccine recipients before inoculation.

“The public is also urged to look at the syringe before and after the vaccination process to have confidence that the vaccination has taken place as it should,” it said.

Meanwhile, Kuala Lumpur CID chief Senior Asst Comm Saiful Annuar Yusoff confirmed receiving a report from a man who claimed he was injected with an empty syringe at a vaccination centre.

Software engineer Tan Wing Sam wrote on Facebook that he had gone to Mitec on Saturday.

“When I walked into the booth, there were two staff members sitting down, and I went in with another patient,” he said.

Tan, 28, said he saw a tray with one syringe and a vial but noticed that the plunger on the syringe was pushed right up to the end.

“She rubbed my arm with an alcohol swab and just took the empty syringe and jabbed it to my arm.

“About two seconds later, she pulled it out, put on a plaster and said it’s all done,” he said.

He said when he asked her about the issue, she replied that it should have been done properly but if he wanted she would inject him again,” Tan said.

“She then started the process all over again,” he added.

Tan then raised the issue with a supervisor, who took him back to the booth and asked the person about the matter and she admitted what she did and apologised.

“After I proceeded to the final station, the supervisor called me and assured that I received my vaccination during the second injection,” he said.

Earlier this month, another man also claimed of being injected with an empty syringe at a vaccination centre.

Selangor police had said an enquiry paper was opened in connection with that case.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Covid-19 vaccination centres ,

   

Next In Nation

New water tariff adjustments for non-domestic categories from Jan 1 in Penang
Boy dies after being crushed by falling electric poles
Poster on traffic summonses discount is false, says Home Ministry
Body of man who fell off Tenom bridge found after six days
GE15: BN, PH candidates to discuss campaign strategy for Tioman seat
Civil service committed to implement reform agenda under PM Anwar, says Chief Secretary to the Government�
DID issues flood preparedness notice in three states
Baling MP to be probed for calling PM an 'agent of Israel', say cops
Lightning strike caused delay on Kelana Jaya LRT line, says Rapid Rail
Pakatan labelled hypocrites in calling for police probe against PN’s Padang Serai candidate

Others Also Read