PETALING JAYA: All businesses and economic sectors which are allowed to operate during the lockdown can request for approval letters through the one-stop-centre via the Covid-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) 3.0, says the International Trade and Industries Ministry (Miti).
In a statement, Miti said businesses which are allowed to operate but yet to get approval to do so may apply through notification.miti.gov.my.
According to Miti, the economic sectors allowed to operate during the MCO 3.0 are:
– Manufacturing and manufacturing-related services;
– Distribution trade including wholesale, retail and distribution;
– All foods and drinks including those for animals, healthcare and medical products including supplement diets, animal care and clinics as well as veterinary services
– Communication services including media, telecommunication and internet, postal and courier, transmissions (for relaying of news, information and as such);
– E-commerce and information technology;
– Production, filtering, storing, supply and distribution of fuel and lubricants;
– Construction, maintenance and critical repair.
"Companies which have already registered with the CIMS 3.0 do not need to register again and can download the operating approval letters from 8pm Monday (May 31).
"For those yet to register, they may begin registering from 8am Tuesday (June 1).
"Further information on CIMS 3.0 is available at www.miti.gov.my.
"Employee movement for the said sectors are allowed using the approval letters from Miti and a letter from their employer or a working pass," it said in a statement.