KUALA LUMPUR: Several locations in Negri Sembilan, Sabah and Sarawak will be placed under the enhanced movement control order.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said three housing areas in Juasseh, Kuala Pilah in Negri Sembilan recorded a spike in Covid-19 positive cases.
"The housing areas are Taman Desa Permai, Rumah Rakyat Juasseh and Taman Sri Juasseh.
"A total of 21 cases were recorded in Taman Desa Permai, 17 cases in Rumah Rakyat Juasseh and 13 cases in Taman Sri Juasseh.
"Thus, the government has decided to place the three areas under enhanced MCO from May 31 until June 13," the Defence Minister said in a statement on Saturday (May 29).
He also announced that Felda Sahabat 40 in Lahad Datu, Sabah, will also be placed under EMCO from May 31 until June 13.
"A total of 10 cases were recorded, after 28 residents were screened.
"The EMCO will restrict movement and the spread of infections," he added.
On another matter, Ismail Sabri announced that three longhouses in Ulu Sungai Sebakong, Mukah, Sarawak, will be also be placed under EMCO from May 31 until June 13.
"The longhouses are Rimong Anak Kilat long house, Asin Anak Aji longhouse and Bija Anak Unggang longhouse.
"Thirty five cases were recorded following the screenings of 93 residents," he said.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said that Kampung Padawan, Papar in Sabah have also been placed under EMCO from May 31 until June 13.
"The Health Ministry detected a spike in cases within a week and high rate of infections," he said.
The EMCO in Seri Kemunting in Kuantan, Pahang, will end on schedule on Sunday (May 30).
Ismail Sabri Yaakob said 392 residents have been tested, and 40 of them were positive.
"However, there have been a decline in positive cases, while those infected have been isolated and given treatments.
"After a conducting a risk assessment, the government has decided to end the enhanced MCO on schedule on May 30," he said in a statement on Saturday.
He also announced that enhanced MCO at Kampung Paya Teh, in Jerantut, Pahang, will also end of schedule on Sunday.
"A total of 140 residents tested positive after 270 were screened, but there have be a decline in cases.
"Thus, the government decided on end the EMCO there on May 30," he added.
Meanwhile, enhanced MCO at Kampung Sungai Langgas, in Kunak, Sabah have been extended until June 13, Ismail Sabri said.
"The virus is still spreading at the locality. So far, 53 have tested positive but Health Ministry officials are still waiting on other test results.
"The EMCO there will be extended until June 13," he added.