KUALA LUMPUR: Several localities in Sabah, Sarawak and Pahang will be placed under the enhanced movement control order from tomorrow until June 6 following a significant spike in Covid-19 cases in these areas.
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the areas in Sabah involved Kampung Melikai, Kuala Penyu as well as Silimpopon Estate and Silimpopon Mill, Kalabakan.
He said 15 residents in Kampung Melikai had been confirmed to be infected so far, while 42 cases were detected in Silimpopon Estate and Silimpopon Mill.
The enhanced MCO, he said, would also be enforced in the Nyalu Long House in Mukah, Sarawak, after 79 residents tested positive as of yesterday.
As for Pahang, the affected areas involved the housing estates and villages around Gau, Temerloh, namely Taman Gau Indah, Taman Gau Makmur, Taman Gau Aman, Taman Gau Idaman and Kampung Gau Baru, which recorded 16 positive cases as of Friday.
Aside from that, the enhanced MCO would also be enforced in seven sub-districts in the Kuantan district, namely in Beserah, Kuala Kuantan 1 and 2, Penor, Sungai Karang, Ulu Kuantan and Ulu Lepar.
In a statement, Ismail Sabri said that, so far, the Health Ministry had completed 6,548 screening tests, of which 619 returned positive, in these localities.
He also said the enhanced MCO in Taman Tanah Putih Baru, Kuantan, as well as the Jali and Lanyau long houses in Mukah, Sarawak, would end today after a downward trend in the number of cases and the clusters were under control. — Bernama