KUCHING: Sarawak will maintain its current conditional movement control order with stricter standard operating procedure (SOP) until May 17 instead of MCO 3.0.
The state disaster management committee made this decision at its meeting on Tuesday (May 11), a day after Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the nationwide MCO until June 7.
One of the points in Muhyiddin's May 10 announcement was that Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan would continue with their existing SOP.
"We have agreed to continue implementing the ongoing circuit-breaker conditional MCO from May 7 to 17 throughout Sarawak," the committee said in a statement on Tuesday (May 11).
However, it said the SOP would be further tightened by prohibiting dine-in in all restaurants, eateries, bistros, cafes and food stalls.
Eateries can only operate takeaways, drive-throughs or delivery services starting Wednesday (May 12).
Previously, dine-in was not allowed in Sibu, Selangau, Kanowit, Betong, Bintulu, Kapit and Sarikei districts, whereas eateries in the other 33 districts could have dine-in customers up to 50% capacity or a maximum of 100 people.
The committee said the updated SOP, including steps to be taken by premises listed in the Hotspot Identification for Dynamic Engagement (HIDE) system, will be available on the Sarawak National Security Council's website.
Meanwhile, the committee said the enhanced MCO would be enforced at three more longhouses in the state.
The affected localities are Rumah Janggie in Betong from May 9 to 12, and Rumah Mengga in Sibu and Rumah Sangga in Selangau, both from May 12 to 25.
The committee also lifted the enhanced MCO at SMK Ulu Balingian in Sibu, Rumah Awit in Julau, Rumah Tiut anak Usit in Tatau, Rumah Mujah anak Atin in Bintulu and Rumah Terrance Tarang in Julau, effective today (May 11).