PUTRAJAYA: An enhanced movement control order will be placed on Taman Tanah Putih Baru in Kuantan, Pahang, beginning May 5 after swab tests on residents came back with 11 Covid-19 positive cases, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Defence Minister said that as of May 2, health authorities had carried out 40 screenings at the locality, with the results of 29 samples still pending.
“After a risk assessment by multiple agencies and with the advice of the Health Ministry, the government has agreed to implement the enhanced MCO at Taman Tanah Putih Baru until May 18.
“This will ensure those who are at risk of contracting Covid-19 remain in the area so that they will not infect others, ” he said on Monday (May 3).
Information on standard operating procedure is available at the National Security Council website.
Ismail Sabri also announced the end of EMCO that is placed on several localities in Hulu Besut, Terengganu and in Machang, Kelantan.
He said the lockdown on Maahad Tahfiz al-Quran Wa Qiraat in Pulai Chondong, Machang will be lifted on May 4, after health authorities confirmed a decline in the number of cases and that the cluster is under control.
He said the last case recorded at the locality was on April 30, adding that a total of 530 screenings were conducted, with 315 Covid-19 positive cases reported.
In Hulu Besut, the enhanced MCO placed on Kampung Belaoh, PPRT Belaoh Baru, Kampung Keruak, Kampung Pak Sik and Felcra Keruak will be lifted on May 4.
Health authorities carried out a total of 2,468 swab tests, with 107 positive cases recorded.
“Health authorities informed the MCO technical committee of a downward trend in the number of cases, with the last one reported on April 20.
“All positive cases had been treated and monitoring on close contacts for 14 days had ended, ” said Ismail Sabri.