Kelantan remains under MCO


KUALA LUMPUR: All districts in Kelantan will remain under the movement control order, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said that infections were still on the rise there, according to a risk analysis conducted by the Health Ministry.

“All 10 districts in Kelantan will remain under the MCO.

“Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Penang and Sarawak will have their conditional MCO extended while Sabah will be placed under a conditional MCO due to an increase in localities there under an enhanced MCO, ” he said.

The minister added that while the number of red zones in Selangor was still high, data showed that cases are on a downward trend.

“These will take effect from April 29 until May 17. For Sarawak, the conditional MCO will begin on April 27 and last until May 17, ” he said in his daily briefing yesterday.

He also announced that five more localities will be placed under the enhanced MCO, with four in Sabah, namely the PPR Batu 2 Lorong Habib Abdul Rahman and the PPR Bt. 8 Jalan Apas in Tawau, the Kompleks Abedon in Kinabatangan, and Felda Umas in Kalabakan.

The fifth area placed under an enhanced MCO is SMK Ulu Balingian in Sibu, Sarawak.

The extended MCO in all five areas will begin on April 28 and last until May 11.

Meanwhile, the enhanced MCO in Kampung Baru Pasir Putih in Tawau will be extended until May 12. It was originally scheduled to end on April 28.

On enforcement statistics, 277 people were issued compounds on April 26, with five remanded.

Nineteen illegal immigrants were also arrested.

When asked to comment on the supposed Hari Raya standard operating procedure that was being shared on social media, Ismail Sabri confirmed that the list is false.

“That is fake. I have not yet announced it.

“The SOP for Hari Raya prayers, visiting graves and visiting friends and relatives will be announced, ” he said.

“And claims that inter-district travel will be prohibited, that is also not true, ” he added.

On the recent issue of a burger seller being issued a RM50,000 compound for extending his business hours, he said that on a personal level he felt that the punishment was too high.

“As we know the punishment is under the jurisdiction of the Health Ministry.

“After all, according to the ordinance the RM50,000 is applicable to companies.

“To me, and even though this is out of my jurisdiction, I feel that this shouldn’t have happened because the punishment is too high, ” he said.

He added that people can still appeal to the Health Ministry to reduce their fines, which is what Health Minister Datuk Seri Adham Baba has also advised.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Work with Umno for a better shot at winning seats in GE15, Kuala Nerus MP tells PAS
Man who gave vape to baby had statement recorded by police
Automated entry system at KLIA to be extended to foreigners
Search and rescue operation called off after body of 10-year-old found
Another object believed to be Long March rocket debris found in Miri
Tuition teacher dies while being rushed to hospital
Annuar: No decision to change chicken export regulations yet
Cooking oil: 17% of traders selling below maximum price, says Annuar
Sabah's dilapidated suspension bridges need addressing, says Bung
Health exco: Respiratory illnesses in Johor up to 1,531 from 570 last year

Others Also Read