Woman in fatal Mat Lajak accident told to enter defence after court overturns acquittal ruling


JOHOR BARU: The High Court here has ordered a 26-year-old woman who had been acquitted and discharged in 2019 over a fatal road accident, to enter her defence.

Judge Dr Shahanaz Sulaiman made the decision on Thursday (Feb 18) after the prosecution successfully proved a prima facie case against Sam Ke Ting and overturned the decision made by the Magistrate’s Court to acquit and discharge her in October 2019.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 48
Cxense type: NA
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Johor Baru , crime , court , Jalan Lingkaran Dalam

   

Next In Nation

Selangor Sultan grants audience to Anwar
Two-tier pricing system, coupons for packet cooking oil to be discussed next week, says Salahuddin
Renovation works may have led to fire at Finance Ministry, say cops
183 MPs attend Dewan Rakyat briefing
Man jailed 12 years for raping underaged girl in KK
Fire breaks out at Finance Ministry in Putrajaya
Anwar conveys condolences to Muhyiddin and family
MACC investigating allegations of misappropriation of RM600bil govt funds
Zahid: DAP accepts position of Islam, Malay rights as enshrined in the Federal Constitution
1MDB trial: A week needed to query ex-banker who handled Najib’s accounts, says Shafee

Others Also Read