PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced that the government will enforce the movement control order (MCO) in the Federal Territories and five other states from Wednesday (Jan 13) until Jan 26 to curb the spread of Covid-19.
Here are the salient points:
Places affected: Penang, Selangor, Melaka, Johor, Sabah, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan.
* No interstate and inter-district travels.
* No social gatherings, such as weddings, wedding receptions, conferences, religious processions (including Thaipusam), meetings, seminars, courses, and group sport activities.
* Roadblocks will be mounted; movements limited to 10km radius.
* Only two people per household are allowed to purchase groceries at nearby supermarkets or grocery stores.
* Only two people allowed per vehicle.
* Only five essential economic sectors allowed to operate: manufacturing, construction, services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
* Only 30% of workers within a company’s management group are allowed to go in to office; employers to determine number of employees permitted in office at any one time with total adherence to SOP.
* Non-essential services staff to work from home; employers must comply with this ruling.
* Eateries and hawker stalls may operate but only takeaways are allowed.
* Food delivery services allowed.
* Supermarkets, healthcare services (including clinics, hospitals and pharmacies), and banks allowed to operate with strict SOP compliance.
* Candidates due to sit for SPM in 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
* Only a maximum of five mosques/houses of worship committee members allowed at the premises.
* Outdoor recreational activities allowed among those within the same household.
* Individuals must keep 2m distance at all times.
* Not more than two people are allowed to jog at any one time.* Cycling not allowed in groups; only one person allowed.
Did you find this article insightful?
81% readers found this article insightful