Covid-19: Enhanced MCO not needed for Damanlela cluster, area under control, says Ismail Sabri


PUTRAJAYA: An enhanced MCO will not be imposed on the construction site on Jalan Damanlela in Kuala Lumpur, despite the 800 Covid-19 cases there as health authorities have taken measures to control the situation, says Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He added that the construction site had been closed since cases were detected in the area.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Fresh concern in Sabah as injured elephant spotted in Kalabakan
Man crashes car into Ipoh entertainment outlet
66 evacuated in Beaufort due to floods
Zara Qairina inquest: Victim claimed she was harassed by ‘tomboy’ student
Six nabbed for murder in Ipoh
BM remains official language for patient records, says Health Dept
Selangor Opposition wants Seri Kembangan rep to apologise over remarks, backs Selangor Ruler’s decree
State Umno supports Selangor Sultan's call to uphold Rukun Negara
New Malaysian passport to be issued from June 1, features 94 security elements
Over 19,000 illegal immigrants deported in 2026

Others Also Read