PETALING JAYA: All schools in Sabah could be closed for two weeks following the death of a teacher on Friday (Oct 2) due to suspected Covid-19 infection, according to a source.
Confirmation is pending from the Education Ministry.
Meanwhile, Sabah Education Department (JPN) director Dr Mistrine Radin said details of the teacher's death were confidential.
Dr Mistirine confirmed that a male teacher had died but she was unable to give further details.
She said all 50 schools in the district had been closed due to an enhanced movement control order (MCO) taking effect until Oct 12.
A check with the Semporna Hospital in Sabah confirmed that a teacher had died there.
Semporna is among the four red zone districts under enhanced MCO.
There are a total of 388 Covid-19 cases in Semporna as of Oct 1. The other red zones are Tawau with 781 cases, Lahad Datu (304) and Kunak 149 cases.