PETALING JAYA: Police arrested 16 people for violating the recovery movement control order (MCO) on July 2, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
From the figure, the Senior Minister (Security) said two individuals had been remanded while 14 others were given compounds.
"They were all found to have carried out activities that have violated the standard operating procedure (SOP) including failing to register as well as take down the temperatures of customers," he said during his daily briefing on Friday (July 3).
Ismail also noted that 572 nationals had returned back to Malaysia on July 2.
Of that total, he said 569 individuals were ordered to serve their mandatory quarantine in their homes, while three others were taken to the hospital.
Separately, Ismail also said that the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) inspected 57 construction sites throughout Malaysia on July 2.
He said through their inspection, they found that 46 construction sites had complied with the government's SOP.
"But seven sites did not comply and were given a warning. Four others were found to be not in operation yet," he said.
Ismail noted that the total construction sites that comply with the SOP to date were 2,706 while 491 others were given a warning.
Ismail added that a total of 19 construction sites so far have been ordered to close as they did not comply with the SOP.
Did you find this article insightful?
81% readers found this article insightful