PETALING JAYA: The government has gazetted that hotels and accommodations, e-commerce and postal services, petrol stations, telecommunications and public transport are among the essential services under movement control order that went into effect this morning (March 18).
The list, a much longer one than anticipated by the public, was gazetted under the The Federal Government Gazette dated March 18 titled “Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures within the infected local areas) Regulations 2020”, with the authority of the Health Minister Datuk Dr Adham Baba.
The other essential services listed are banking and finance, port, dock and airport services and undertakings, including stevedoring, cargo handling, pilotage and storing or bulking of commodities, prisons, solid waste management and public cleansing and wildlife services.
The Health Minister also will determine if any other services needed for the health and security of the public would be included.
The full list of essential services in the Federal Gazette are:
1. Banking and finance
2. Electricity and energy
4. Port, dock and airport services and undertakings, including stevedoring,
lighterage, cargo handling, pilotage and storing or bulking of commodities
7. Production, refining, storage, supply and distribution of fuel and lubricants
8. Healthcare and medical
9. Solid waste management and public cleansing
11. Radio communication including broadcasting and television
13. Transport by land, water or air
16. Defence and security
17. Food supply
21. Hotels and accommodations
22. Any services or works determined by the Minister as essential or critical to public
health or safety.