PETALING JAYA: Muhammed Yusoff Rawther says he is not cowed by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's threat to sue him over his sexual misconduct accusation.
“Anwar wants to sue me? Bring it on, ” he said.
Yusoff said he was ready for a prolonged battle in his quest to seek justice.
“Regardless of what happens, I intend to see this through ... I'm going to go the distance, ” he told a press conference here on Friday (Jan 17).
Yusoff, who is Anwar's former aide, lodged a police report in December last year, alleging that the PKR president had outraged his modesty on Oct 2,2018.
He also expressed disappointment with the Attorney General's Chambers' decision not to pursue the case, adding that he was "terribly disappointed with the reasons" given.
On Jan 14, Solicitor-General Engku Nor Fauzah Engku Atek had issued a statement saying they were dropping the case upon the police's advice.
However, Yusoff’s lawyerHaniff Khatri said. “If the police believe the case did not warrant further action, they would have exercised their powers to classify the case as NFA (no further action) and would not have forwarded (the investigation papers) to the AGC”.
He added that they had written a letter to the Solicitor-General seeking clarification on her statement that there were contradictions of material facts, so that he and his client could decide on their next course of action.
Haniff also confirmed that his client had yet to receive any notice from Anwar's lawyers.
He said Anwar was quoted in the media as saying he would “maintain” the suit.
“We also wrote to the Petaling Jaya OCPD on Jan 7 requesting further details on the physical assault case involving Anwar's aide Farhash (Wafa Salvador), ” he said, adding that Farhash had allegedly assaulted Yusoff on May 16 last year.
“There is also a civil suit filed against Anwar's media officer over alleged character assassination, ” he said.
Did you find this article insightful?