KUALA LUMPUR: More than 40% of Kampung Baru landowners have returned feedback forms to the Kampung Baru Development Corporation (PKB), says Khalid Abdul Samad.
The Federal Territories Minister added that the figure represents some 2,200 out of the 5,374 landowners in Kampung Baru.
Out of this number, 95.3% had agreed to sell their land for redevelopment by the government.
Khalid said continuous efforts to engage the remaining landowners would be made to ensure all are on board with the redevelopment plan.
"PKB will continue to meet with landowners until June next year to find out their concerns and explain the redevelopment plan," said Khalid, adding that talks had begun last month.
"When met, many landowners expressed their wish to see the area developed. They wanted to cash in on the value of their land," he said.
Khalid said this after launching the parcel rent system for strata buildings at the Federal Territories Land and Mines Office in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday (Dec 12).
Khalid said he would also meet with corporate owners in Kampung Baru to discuss the redevelopment plan.
"We want to find out if they have their own development plan. We are willing to listen and incorporate their input," said Khalid.
On Oct 25, the government announced its final offer for Kampung Baru landowners of RM1,000 per sq ft.
Out of this amount, RM150 will be in the form of shares in the special purpose vehicle (SPV) that will be set up.
Landowners who opt to buy a completed unit in the redeveloped area will also get a 15% discount.