Home Ministry denies abuse and torture of Sosma detainees


Muhyiddin speaking to the media after the conclusion of nominations of candidates for the Tanjung Piai by-election on Saturday.

PONTIAN (Bernama): The Home Ministry on Saturday (Nov 2) denied allegations that five of the 12 men under arrest in connection with the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 (Sosma), were been abused and tortured throughout their detention.

Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said he had already checked the allegations with Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Abdul Hamid Bador and the officers involved, and these checks indicated that the allegations were untrue.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Flood situation worsens in northern Sabah as evacuees rise to 4,761
TB outbreak: Johor Ramadan bazaar SOPs unchanged, says exco rep
Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha

Others Also Read