PETALING JAYA: Claims that three million Chinese nationals and other foreigners entered the country during the recent system malfunctions at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) are false, says the Immigration Department.
"When the systems at KLIA suffered issues, the process of inspecting the entry of foreigners was conducted by the department manually, and all visitors had to follow terms according to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
"Furthermore, all security measures had been increased, including surveillance and enforcement actions at both the arrival and departure halls, as well as the satellite area," said director-general Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud in a statement on Monday (Aug 26).
He added that the systems at KLIA were operational, starting from the night of Aug 25, and urged the public to verify their facts before sharing such claims online.
"All inspection processes for foreigners has resumed, and the situation is back to normal," he said.