City Traffic Investigation and Enforcement Department chief Asst Comm Zulkefly Yahya said an early road diversion would occur along Jalan Ampang (in front of KLCC) from 11pm on Friday (April 5).
“The diversion of the road is needed to make way for logistics and technical preparations for the race.
“Traffic policemen will be on hand to facilitate traffic in the area,” he said when contacted.
On race day, 13 roads around the city would be temporarily closed and diverted in stages from 11am until the event concluded, he added.
The roads are:
1. Jalan Tun Razak/ Jalan Ampang
2. Jalan Yap Kwan Seng/ Jalan Ampang
3. Jalan Pinang/ Jalan P. Ramlee
4. Jalan Ampang/ Jalan Sultan Ismail
5. Jalan Sultan Ismail/ Jalan Raja Abdullah
6. Jalan Raja Laut/ Jalan Sultan Ismail
7. Jalan Kuching/ Susur Jalan Tun Razak
8. Bulatan Dato Onn/ Jalan Kinabalu
9. Bulatan Sungai Besi (Kajang bound)
10.Bulatan HUKM (Kajang bound)
11. Bulatan Billion heading to Bulatan Kuari
12. MRR2/Bulatan Kuari
13. Jalan 1/Jalan Kuari
ACP Zukefly reminded the public to follow the instructions of police personnel if they come across the temporary closed roads or road diversions.
“It is best if they avoid the roads mentioned altogether.
“If anyone is planning to head to the city centre, please use public transportation,” he said.