Cops: No sign of samurai sword-wielding man who attacked Aussie in Tuaran


A picture of the suspect, who is known only as Roy.

KOTA KINABALU: There is still no sign of the Filipino man suspected of attacking and seriously injuring an Australian man with a samurai sword in Tamparuli last week.

Tuaran police chief Deputy Supt Dzulbaharin Ismail said an alert has been sent to all district police stations.

He said the suspect known as Roy, who in his 30s, was last seen fleeing into the forest in Kg Kiwoi Tamparuli some 40km from here after the incident on Jan 24.

"He was last seen shirtless and armed with a samurai sword," he said.

DSP Dzulbaharin said the police are keeping an eye out for the suspect.

Meanwhile, it is learnt that the 46-year-old victim, who is married to a local and owns a homestay here, is recovering from his wounds.

The motive of the attack is unclear but some villagers claimed it was because the suspect was not happy that the Australian had told him to not loiter in front of the homestay as it would cause unease to his customers.

It is also believed that the suspect is a drug addict.


   

Across The Star Online


Air Pollution Index

Highest API Readings

    Select State and Location to view the latest API reading

    Source: Department of Environment, Malaysia