Penang Bridge crash: Missing SUV driver believed to be 20-year-old college student


By CAVINA LIMRENA LIM
Rescue personnel searching for the SUV wreckage under the Penang Bridge/Picby:CHAN BOON KAI/The Star/20 January 2019.

GEORGE TOWN: The missing driver of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) that plunged into the sea following a collision with another car on the Penang Bridge is believed to be Moey Yun Peng, a 20-year-old college student from Taman Kempas, Butterworth.

The victim's father lodged a missing person report at 4.59pm Sunday (Jan 20) after he was told that his son's car had been involved in an accident along the bridge.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Safe driving still crucial for vehicles using flashing lights, say cops
Jana Wibawa trial: "Muhyiddin didn't ask for contribution", witness tells court
Authorities rescue 17 Jordanian children after smashing human trafficking ring in KL
Cops yet to record statement of injured fourth victim in Immigration lorry crash
Trade body backs hybrid SST-GST, demands ease of compliance
Four remanded in Sabah over RM900,000 land sale bribery plot
Developer withdraws Kota D'sara data centre plan after public concerns raised, says Ramanan
Umno committed to ensuring stability of federal govt till end of term, says Azalina
Factory supervisor arrested over upside-down Jalur Gemilang, Johor flags
Malaysian plane bound for Kuala Lumpur aborts takeoff at Narita Airport

Others Also Read