PJD Link among seven highway projects under consideration in Selangor


SHAH ALAM: The controversial Petaling Jaya Dispersal Link (PJD Link) Expressway project, which was discontinued in April, may now be back on the board.

It is among the seven highway projects under consideration in Selangor, said the state infrastructure and agriculture committee chairman Izham Hashim at the Selangor State Assembly sitting on Thursday (July 4).

This is despite news reports quoting Communications Minister Fahmi Fadzil’s statement in April that the project had been discontinued as the developer had failed to meet certain requirements.

Izham was responding to Bukit Gasing assemblyman Rajiv Rishyakaran’s (Pakatan Harapan-DAP) question on new highways in the pipeline at the state assembly.

“The PJD Link developer has made some changes to the alignment in Petaling Jaya, based on the social impact assessment (SIA) and objections from the public.

“The new alignment would be discussed at the Selangor Economic Action Council meeting.

“The developer has proposed a mitigation plan based on the objections received.

“The new alignment needs to be studied again and a new SIA must be conducted with the affected people before it is presented to the state and Federal Government for consideration,” he said.

Izham said many of the objections were for the alignment in Petaling Jaya.

He also said that other highways under consideration include Putrajaya-Bangi Expressway, Kuala Lumpur Northern Dispersal Expressway, Lebuhraya Senawang-KLIA- Salak Tinggi, Lebuhraya Pintasan Lebuhraya Persekutuan, Lebuhraya Kuala-Lumpur-Shah Alam and Lebuhraya Bertingkat Sungai Klang Link.

Rajiv asked if it was possible for the state to appoint a consultant paid by the developer to conduct the SIA, to avoid conflict of interest.

Izham said the procedure was for the developer to appoint an independent consultant that was licensed.

“If we are not happy with the report, we can ask them to do it again.

“In the previous SIA report, it was clear many people in Petaling Jaya had objected but Puchong residents were more in favour of the project,” he said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Metro News

DBKL to allow business licence renewals up to three years
MRR2 safety concerns resurface
Traffic dispersal, junction upgrades to reduce congestion ahead of RTS Link operations
MBSJ should have service report cards
Measures to keep traffic moving in Penang
No sense of security in Selangor even after 18 years
Pulau Tikus ‘Forrest Gump’ benches offer respite
Strong turnout at KL financing session for women entrepreneurs�
12 solar street lamps boost security at Taman Sejahtera flats in KL
Sisters pay tax for new home, win car

Others Also Read