NGO says various parties ignored court's stay order in Bukit Cherakah case


THE Shah Alam Community Forest Society (SACFS) has said that a developer carried out excavation work at the Bukit Cerakah Forest Reserve (BCFR) despite the stay order issued by the courts last month.

SACFS honorary treasurer Dr Teckwyn Lim said the developer and all parties were in contempt of court for non-compliance with the injunction issued by the Shah Alam High Court on Aug 11 for the protection of the forest reserve.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Metro News

Pharmacy chain pledges RM100,000 for cancer
Exercise your rights in town planning, locals told
DBKL to review guarded neighbourhood schemes
Move to strengthen family ties in Johor
‘Stall, mobile van selling food, drinks hindering traffic in Section 14, PJ’
Taiwanese dance troupe makes M’sian debut at festival
Facial scan security sparks backlash
Former Teluk Kapas landfill set for major rehabilitation
Gala night kicks off KL project�
Telco shakes it up with RM20mil worth of prizes

Others Also Read