Covid-19: Popular local award show Anugerah Meletop postponed


Khai Bahar and Siti Nordiana won last year's biggest prize of the night at AME, Artis Top Top Meletop Male and Female. Photo: Shaari Chemat/THE STAR

Popular award show Anugerah Meletop Era 2020 (AME), originally scheduled to take place on April 12, will be postponed to an unspecified date.

Organisers of AME, a fan voting-based award show, said the decision was made as an effort to curb the spread of Covid-19 and in line with the government's call to postpone all gatherings including international meetings, sports, social and religious events until April 30.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Meletop , covid-19 , TV

Next In Entertainment

Julie Andrews, 90, will not reprise role in ‘Princess Diaries 3,’ says she’s retired
Philippine singer Vanessa Blanca dies at 30 after accidental fall in bathroom
Prince Harry to learn how much failed Daily Mail lawsuit will cost
'Wednesday' actress Jenna Ortega would go all day without food or water on set as child star
Hayden Panettiere's mum blames ex Brian Hickerson as history of abuse faces closer scrutiny
Former HK actor Lo Hoi Pang, 84, thanks Chow Yun Fat for motivating him to stay active
Former Miss HK Shirley Yeung live streams up to 10 hours a day to support family
Singaporean celebs Elvin Ng and Lee Teng post painful goodbyes to their late dogs
Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says
Hayden Panettiere: Drug�Enforcement Administration joins investigation into actress’s�death

Others Also Read