Well-known anti-vaccine group founder Iris Koh gets new bailor; husband discharged of role due to his own criminal charges


Iris Koh arriving at the State Courts in SIngaopore on Friday Feb 21. -- ST PHOTO: KELVIN CHNG

SINGAPORE (The Straits Times/ANN): Iris Koh, founder of anti-vaccine group Healing the Divide, has a new bailor after her husband Raymond Ng Kai Hoe, who was previously her bailor, was discharged of the role due to his own cheating charges.

According to the SG Courts website, to be a bailor, one should be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who is at least 21 years old and not currently a bankrupt or facing criminal charges.

On Feb 21, the court heard Koh’s bail has been set at s$30,000 and that Ethel Wong is acting as her bailor.

Koh, 49; Jipson Quah, 36, a doctor who has been suspended from practice; and Thomas Chua Cheng Soon, 43, then a clinic assistant, are accused of offences including allegedly conspiring to falsely inform the Health Promotion Board that patients had been given the Sinopharm vaccine when they had not.

The Sinopharm vaccine had been earlier approved for use by private clinics in Singapore against the Covid-19 virus.

The trio’s trial will resume on March 4.

Separately, Ng, 51, was handed 12 cheating charges involving nearly $61,000 on Feb 7.

In 2019 and 2020, he allegedly committed multiple counts of cheating linked to a company called Vendshare that dealt with vending machines.

There were 12 alleged victims, and around $60,800 in total was involved. The amounts ranged between $1,000 and $13,900 per person.

Between Aug 25 and Dec 25 in 2019, Ng allegedly cheated a man by duping him into believing payments made to Vendshare were for the co-ownership of coffee vending machines.

Ng is a former director at the firm. According to court documents, Ng purportedly dishonestly induced the man to make payments totalling $2,500 to Vendshare.

Ng allegedly cheated 11 other people by using a similar method.

One of the men, who was purportedly duped between November 2019 and June 2020, was allegedly cheated of $13,900 – the largest amount.

Ng’s case will be mentioned again in court on March 7. - The Straits Times/ANN

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Aseanplus News

Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Saturday (Feb 21, 2026)
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Japan issues travel alert for over 50 countries amid Middle East escalation and issues
'Still a shocker' - Audrey Fang's death: Family asks Spain court to extend suspect Mitchell Ong’s detention by two years
Indonesia did not pay US$1bil to join the Board of Peace, says Foreign Minister Sugiono
Thailand and Myanmar hold talks to re-engage with Naypidaw and Asean after strained ties
Golf-Rahm left out as DP World Tour grants LIV releases, Ryder Cup future uncertain
Turkish Red Crescent aid continues to flow into Gaza after the reopening of Rafah crossing

Others Also Read