You can influence your return on luck


THESE past few weeks, with the Chinese New Year celebrations in full swing, many friends wished me “luck” many times. Everyone was hoping for a great year with lots of luck. Most believe that luck happens by chance. Luck, we believe is something you cannot plan for or obtain by design. Luck is fated, or is written in the stars. Or is it?

I remember a conversation I had with Datuk Seri Idris Jala many years ago when he explained the secret to his success as a leader. He had six key points to leadership success and his final point was about having good luck. He did not term it “luck” but called it “divine intervention.” He believed that you could control about 40% of things you were working on. The remaining 60% were things beyond your control where you had little influence. However, Idris believed that if you were a good human being, operating with ethics and spending time in solitude and reflection, you could “influence” the divine to be on your side and bring yourself good “luck.”

Subscribe now for a chance to win your dream holiday!

Monthly Plan

RM13.90/month

Annual Plan

RM12.33/month

Billed as RM148.00/year

1 month

Free Trial

For new subscribers only


Cancel anytime. No ads. Auto-renewal. Unlimited access to the web and app. Personalised features. Members rewards.
Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

   

Next In Business News

Oil settles at one-month low on Gaza ceasefire hopes
How the collection of taxes can help the needy
Five decades of innovation and inspired creations
KTMB’s new Asean Express to complement port operations
Blackstone’s Gray expects ‘new cycle’ for real estate market
Sik Cheong to expand vegetable oils business post-IPO
EEA 2024 to kick off with Global Navigator Series in Kuala Lumpur
Mall operators remain cautious
Public-private pact the right way to go
Builders on track for continuing, solid growth with project flows

Others Also Read