MCO: DOSM to restructure face-to-face Census 2020 interviews, public urged to complete census online


Ismail Sabri urged those who have yet to complete the Census 2020 questionnaire to go online and do so. — Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: The Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM) will restructure its face-to-face interviews and re-open all its e-Census platform (Online Census) following the implementation of the movement control order (MCO) nationwide, except Sarawak, to curb the spread of the Covid-19.

Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob urged those who have yet to complete the census to do so online via www.mycensus.gov.my.

"The DOSM informed that, so far, an estimated 23.5 million people or 72% of 32.7 million Malaysians have still not filled up the Malaysian Population and Housing Census 2020 (Census 2020), ” he said at a media conference on the development of MCO here on Jan 19.

He had earlier announced that the MCO would be implemented in Perak, Kedah, Perlis, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang and Terengganu from Jan 22 to Feb 4, thus bringing the entire nation, except for Sarawak, under MCO.

Meanwhile, at the same press conference, Ismail Sabri also said that 35 cases in connection with the spread of fake Covid-19 news had been charged in the court, with 21 of them being found guilty while another 13 are still in the midst of trial.

"The government views seriously and will not tolerate the spread of fake news, which can lead to panic and fear among the public, ” he said, adding that the public should ensure the authenticity of the content before disseminating them.

Police and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) have opened 278 investigation papers, with 141 cases still under investigation as of (Jan 18).

The MCMC Quick Response Team has issued 424 clarifications and explanations regarding fake news on Covid-19. – Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Census 2020

   

Next In Tech News

Exclusive: Personal finance startup NerdWallet files for U.S. IPO - sources
Facebook to defend itself against 'damaging' Irish data privacy probe
Court allows Irish regulator to proceed with inquiry into Facebook data flows
Chip shortage to hit about 100,000 Mazda vehicles in 2021
Exclusive: U.S. senators expected to announce $52 billion chips funding deal - sources
Facebook faces prospect of 'devastating' data transfer ban after Irish ruling
How murky legal rules allow Tesla's Musk to keep moving markets
With superheroes and sci-fi, Disney+ outlook bright
Factbox: DarkSide hackers in focus after Toshiba attack
Irish health service hit by 'very sophisticated' ransomware attack

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers