WHILE many Asian countries celebrate the Lunar New Year, Malaysians celebrating this festival do so under current restrictions imposed by the lockdown with many greeting the festive season within the safety confines of indoors.
But although the usual visitations are not allowed following the current standard operating procedures, the tradition of exchanging prosperity red packets or angpows can still live on, as many can still take the opportunity to spread the joy of prosperity, wealth and happiness to their relatives and unmarried friends – by sending an e-angpow without a hitch using DuitNow!
This free online facility allows users to send e-angpows instantly to mobile numbers regardless of time and place.
As it is currently available in over 40 banks nationwide and can be accessed as easily through these banks’ very own mobile apps, this important custom need not be restricted.
Sending is easy:
1) Simply log on via your mobile and internet banking.
2) Look for DuitNow under "Funds Transfer" or "Send Money".
3) Enter the recipient’s ID, such as mobile phone number or MyKad and confirm your transfer details, and it's done - you'd have instantly sent an e-angpow to the recipient’s account. Watch how to do it in the video below.
For those receiving the amount, they just need to register to DuitNow.
To do so:
1) Log on to your mobile and internet banking.
2) Look for DuitNow under the "Settings" or "Profile" menu.
3) Make a one-time registration for DuitNow by linking either your mobile number, MyKad, passport or any other valid identification document with your bank account.
A valid DuitNow ID will allow users to receive their e-angpows from loved ones right into their own bank accounts. And for sending out the e-angpows, no registration is needed.
Auspicious code for all transactions
DuitNow has also recently launched a go-to QR code that allows interoperability between all participating banks and the various e-wallets.
As consumers, you can use this DuitNow QR to pay using your bank or e-wallets mobile apps, as there is only one QR code to scan.
This makes it so much easier for you as you go about your shopping while keeping you safely distanced and reducing direct physical contact.
DuitNow QR code is also displayed at most merchants for consumers to make easy payments by using their bank or e-wallets mobile apps.
Making a payment via DuitNow QR code is just as effortless.
1) Log on to your mobile banking or eWallet.
2) Scan the DuitNow QR code displayed by the merchant.
3) Confirm the payment details and click "Pay".
4) When you receive payment confirmation, your purchase is done.
DuitNow and DuitNow QR makes celebrating this Lunar New Year easier and more convenient for you, so you can spread good fortune to your loved ones even in these challenging times.