Claims of 11 Melaka hospital staff members infected with Covid-19 not true, says state Health Dept


MELAKA (Bernama):The Melaka Health Department has denied claims on social media on Tuesday (Oct 20) that 11 Melaka Hospital staff members were infected with Covid-19 and quarantined at the hospital.

Its director Datuk Dr Ismail Ali said there were only eight medical personnel from Melaka Hospital found positive for Covid-19, and all of them were currently receiving treatment at the hospital.

He said close contacts of the eight staff had also been screened and were currently undergoing quarantine at home and not at the hospital.

"Services at the Melaka Hospital have not been affected and are being continued with strict adherence to the standard operating procedures (SOP).

"A total of 30 Covid-19 patients are currently being treated at the Melaka Hospital, which is a referral hospital for Covid-19 cases in the state," he said in a statement here, Tuesday night.

He said all units at the hospital were currently conducting services only via appointments, and the public was reminded to always comply with the SOP while there.

"For any enquiries regarding the current Covid-19 situation in Melaka, the public may contact the Melaka Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre at 06-2345999 or via e-mail (cprcmelaka@moh.gov.my),” he added.

Earlier Tuesday, a message doing the rounds on WhatsApp claimed that there was a cluster involving 11 staff, nurses, doctors at the hospital, and ward 1-1 had been made a quarantine ward for the staff.

Also alleged was that almost 30 employees of the Emergency and Trauma Department at the Melaka Hospital were infected with the disease. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

75% readers found this article insightful

Stories You'll Enjoy