With the seven additional confirmed cases, Hong Kong's total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases has risen to 155.
Out of the nine confirmed or preliminary positive cases, eight patients had overseas travel history during the incubation period.
The places they travelled to include the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Japan, Britain, Germany, Austria and Canada, according to the CHP's daily press briefing on Monday afternoon.
The remaining one case involves a 58-year-old man who works as a private driver and had no travel history during the incubation period.
The man was traced as a close contact of his 35-year-old employer who returned to Hong Kong from Japan on Wednesday and was diagnosed with Covid-19 on Sunday.
Hong Kong has seen an increasing number of imported Covid-19 cases recently, and the CHP expects the number will further grow in the coming days as some students studying overseas will come back, Head of the CHP's Communicable Disease Branch Chuang Shuk-kwan said at the briefing, adding that the increase in imported cases may raise the chance of community outbreaks in Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong Sepcial Administrative Region government has announced extended and strengthened quarantine measures on inbound travellers from overseas in response to the latest global Covid-19 situation, Chuang said, urging members of the public to avoid non-essential travel outside Hong Kong.
According to Linda Yu, chief manager of Hong Kong's Hospital Authority, another three diagnosed Covid-19 patients were discharged from the hospital during the past 24 hours.
So far 87 confirmed cases have been cured and discharged from the hospital, four patients have passed away, while the remaining are being treated in 12 different hospitals across Hong Kong.
Did you find this article insightful?