Over 100 residents in Hong Kong block quarantined as infections rise


Workers washING a pedestrian pathway near the Hong Mei House at Cheung Hong Estate in Tsing Yi on Feb 11, 2020. - China Daily/ANN

HONG KONG (China Daily/ANN): Some one hundred residents of Hong Mei House in Tsing Yi were evacuated and quarantined around 11 pm on Monday (Feb 10) after two residents living on two different floors contracted the novel coronavirus.

Experts said it was possible that the virus had been transmitted through a U-shaped trap below a waste outlet of the residential building’s flushing system.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Hong Kong , evacuation , housing , block , Hong Mei House

Next In Regional

TikTok darling and Cambodia's famous daughter Princess Norodom Jenna will headline the opening ceremony of the Asean Hyundai Cup
Trump touts Iran inspection deal as Tehran disputes claim
9.3 million�illicit cigarettes seized by Customs
Japan 'robot wolves' in high demand to scare off bears
Lula won’t sideline China or anyone in rare earths, tells Trump refining stays in Brazil
Asean still not ready to accept Myanmar leaders at summits, meetings, says Tok Mat
Anwar holds bilateral talks with S'pore, Laos counterparts
Asean vows to avoid export bans, share fuel as oil prices soar
China AI robot restaurant analyses diners’ faces, tongues to recommend health-focused dishes
Why China’s humanoid robots are still waiting for their ‘ChatGPT moment’

Others Also Read