SHAH ALAM: The motive behind the assault of a 15-year-old at a school here is believed to have been teasing, Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar says.
He said that, based on investigations, the incident was believed to have stemmed from previous teasing between students.
He added that the police had opened an investigation paper after receiving reports from the complainant and the victim.
“So far, we have received police reports lodged by both the complainant and the victim.
“Investigations are still ongoing. Statements and evidence have been recorded, and one suspect was arrested and remanded before being released on bail while the investigation paper is being completed,” he said at a press conference on Wednesday (Aug 19) at the police contingent headquarters here.
He said the 17-year-old suspect was detained at the school and was a student at the same school as the victim.
“Only one suspect has been detained to assist with the investigation.
“The suspect is 17 years old, and we cannot comment much as this involves minors,” he said.
Regarding the extent of the victim's injuries, he said that the police were still awaiting an official medical report to determine the extent of the injuries suffered by the victim.
It was previously reported that the 15-year-old victim was allegedly being bullied and assaulted at a secondary school in Shah Alam. The attack also led to hearing issues.
