At least 100 expected to be charged over PERKESO Daya Kerjaya 2.0 fraud, says MACC


KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has begun prosecuting individuals nationwide over fraudulent claims involving the Social Security Organisation's (PERKESO) Daya Kerjaya 2.0 incentive programme, with at least 100 people expected to be charged.

On Wednesday (Aug 5), 13 suspects were brought before the courts in Pahang, Perak, Kelantan and Kedah. Another 16 individuals were charged on Thursday (Aug 6) in Perak, Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Sabah.

The anti-graft agency confirmed that more prosecutions are expected throughout August as investigations into the nationwide fraud continue.

Without disclosing the total number of charges to be filed, the MACC said those facing prosecution include company owners and several other individuals believed to have abused the incentive programme.

"The list of individuals to be charged is extensive because the investigations involve cases across the country.

"All investigation papers have been submitted to the Deputy Public Prosecutor for review and a decision on prosecution," the commission said in a statement.

The MACC said it would continue working closely with the Deputy Public Prosecutor to ensure that everyone against whom sufficient evidence has been obtained is brought before the courts in accordance with the law.

The fraudulent claims are estimated to have caused RM45mil in losses to the government.

In June, MACC chief commissioner Datuk Seri Abd Halim Aman revealed that 1,638 companies were under investigation for allegedly submitting fraudulent Daya Kerjaya 2.0 claims amounting to about RM45mil.

Investigators found that syndicates had used personal data belonging to unsuspecting victims, including persons with disabilities, parolees and senior citizens aged above 60, without authorisation to submit claims under the programme.

The commission also uncovered cases in which workers received only one-off payments ranging from RM50 to RM2,400, even though full incentive claims had been submitted in their names.

As of June, the MACC had opened 63 investigation papers and arrested 97 individuals, comprising 11 agents and 86 company owners. Of those arrested, 77 were remanded to assist in the investigations.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Malaysians in Japan advised to avoid unnecessary travel amid Chiba flooding
DAP should consider Pakatan partners before making controversial remarks, says PKR Youth leader
Viral video sparks rescue of starving cats stranded off Pulau Ketam
Sukma 2026: Road closures, diversions in Sepang from Aug 16 to 19
Enforcement officer remanded over RM190,000 bribery allegations
Australia Place mural unveiled in KK
Man gets nine months’ jail over nine mule account charges
Appeals court upholds RM900,000 insurance payout for Bentley owner
Malaysia prioritises Myanmar refugees' safety before repatriation, says Tok Mat
One year after son’s attack, Rafizi asks why investigation has gone quiet

Others Also Read