Banting school stabbing suspect to be remanded on Tuesday


PETALING JAYA: The 15-year-old girl who was arrested for allegedly stabbing a fellow student at a secondary school in Banting will be remanded on Tuesday (July 8).

Kuala Langat OCPD Supt Mohd Akmalrizal Radzi, when contacted on Monday (July 7), said the suspect would be brought to the Telok Datok Magistrate’s Court for a remand application.

The case is being investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder.

Earlier, police confirmed that they received a report that a female student had been injured within the school compound at about 9.50am.

Initial investigations found that the victim was allegedly stabbed with a knife by another female student.

The victim is receiving treatment at Hospital Banting and is reported to be in stable condition. The suspect was detained shortly after the incident.

Police also seized a knife believed to have been used in the incident.

Before the incident, the suspect was reportedly seen entering the school compound through the main entrance wearing a black T-shirt and red checkered trousers.

Several videos of the incident have since surfaced on social media, showing a teenage girl dressed in black walking around the school compound while holding a knife as students ran for safety.

Police have urged the public not to speculate on the case, as doing so could interfere with investigations.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Kuala Langat district police headquarters operations room at 03-3187 2222 or the nearest police station.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Welfare Dept to take custody of baby who tested positive for drugs
Scammers shifting to RCS, iMessage to spread phishing URLs, says MCMC
Putrajaya to prevent future disputes over Sabah blue economy
Anwar to attend Annual Leaders' Consultation during two-day working visit to Brunei
Driver killed after lorry crashes into drain near Ayer Hitam school
Melaka BN being courted like a 'maiden' ahead of state polls, says Ab Rauf
Anwar to make important announcements on Aug 30, Sept 16
Kedah MB's ex-political secretary ordered to enter defence in bribery case
Ex-1MDB CEO doesn't know why allegations in separate suit changed, court hears
SC wins suit, five individuals ordered to pay RM103.75mil

Others Also Read