Johor polls: Bersama to hold online event to reach Johoreans working in Singapore, says Rafizi


KULAI: Parti Bersama Malaysia is looking into organising an online event targeting Johoreans working in Singapore as part of its election campaign.

Its party leader Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli said the online event will most likely be held in a live format, allowing the public to interact and ask questions.

“By early next week, as part of the digital campaign, we may hold an online event targeting Johor voters in Singapore.

“I do not think we have the time and resources to do it physically, but I think Bersama has quite a strong digital footprint.

“So, we can leverage that to engage with them,” he said when met after meeting with party machinery for the Senai, Bukit Batu and Bukit Permai seats on Wednesday (July 1).

He said this when asked about the party's plans to engage with voters working in Singapore, which makes up a significant percentage of the electorate.

On preparations for the coming weekend, Rafizi said the party aims to cover at least all polling district centres where its candidates are contesting by then.

“We have two main objectives - to be visible and to meet as many voters as possible.

“It is not easy to quantify what percentage of voters we can meet by this weekend, but we should be able to cover all the polling district centres across the 15 seats we are contesting.

“As such, by this weekend, we should be visible in all these seats,” he said, adding that the party is in the midst of beefing up campaign planning in preparation for the "super weekend".

Rafizi said the party has put in place a digital system to synchronise campaign activities and ensure volunteers know where they are needed throughout the election.

Earlier in his speech, Rafizi told party members to focus on improving the party’s visibility, noting that about 62% of Johoreans are aware of Bersama's existence.

“We need our candidates to meet as many voters as possible from different groups and increase the party’s visibility. These are our two main targets now,” he said.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Do you know ... about the bubu?
Firefighters save 162 homes from Sandakan blaze
Parts of Sarawak hit by haze
Ciggies hidden under coconut husks seized
‘PM has no power to order awards for projects’
Notify insurers when installing home EV chargers
Hacking probe flags six immigration officers
Maha fair to focus on agri tech, innovation, says Minister
Teen vows to study harder after food delivery stint
Employers call for evidence-based minimum wage review

Others Also Read